Our History

[Headline]

Moravian Florist was opened at its present location in 1928 by Xavier and Clemence Kirchhoffer. It started as a small storefront attached to the recently restored Dutch farmhouse (dating back to circa 1668). We are proud to have kept this landmark as part of Staten Islands History. In 1946 their son George and his wife Annette joined the business and expanded the business. In 1953 they added a garden center that was later closed to allow expansion for the ever growing floral business. Their sons Paul and George also continued in the tradition by joining the Moravian team.

In 1976 Paul retired and George Jr. and his wife Susie took over the running of the business. They have followed in the family tradition and have in 2001 have renovated the structure as you see it today. They are also joined by the 4th generation. Their children, George Christopher, Lisa and Michael whom are all involved in the day to day operations of the business.